MG Consulting LLC vakansiya elan edir!
For: Advocacy Capacity Building Expert
Period of Performance:
April 2023 through September 2023
MG Consulting LLC (MGC) is seeking The Advocacy Capacity Building Expert to support ECSOFT’s advocacy activities with CSOs in Azerbaijan.
MGC, with FHI360 and ICNL, are implementing partners under USAID/Azerbaijan 6-year Empowering Civil Society Organizations for Transparency (ECSOFT) Activity. ECSOFT’s goal is to support Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Azerbaijani government institutions to enhance the capacity and sustainability of CSOs to increase transparency and accountability of public agencies.
ECSOFT plans to work with up to 20 CSOs (through agreements with individual consultants) to implement small (four to six months in duration) advocacy activities designed to address a specific concern of their constituents or beneficiaries.
The CSOs have little to no advocacy knowledge, skills, or experience and have received two days of training on advocacy from ECSOFT.
The Advocacy Capacity Building Expert responsibilities will include:
• Train selected CSOs on advocacy skills
• Work with ECSOFT staff to solicit and select up to 20proposed advocacy activities.
• Work with the consultants and CSOs to strengthen the proposed advocacy activities.
• Support ECSOFT team in finalizing the necessary documentation for the agreements.
• Administer an institutional advocacy assessment, identify needs/gaps, and create an institutional strengthening plan with each selected CSO (online or in person, as the pandemic situation allows.)
• Provide, through individual or group trainings or coaching, the capacity building identified from the advocacy assessments and captured in the plans (online or in person, as the pandemic situation allows.)
• Administer a follow up institutional advocacy assessment with each CSO to determine any change from initial assessment (online or in person, as the pandemic situation allows.)
Namizəd üçün tələblər:
• 5+ years of relevant work and management experience, with increasing levels of responsibility – preference being given to intersections with human rights, legal education or practice, political communication
• Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations regarding consultancy and subaward management
• Experience managing the solicitation, evaluation, and contracting processes under USAID-funded projects
• Experience assessing the advocacy capacity of civil society organizations and developing improvement plans
• Experience training or mentoring civil society organizations to improve their understanding of advocacy and implementation of advocacy action campaigns Skills
• Solid understanding and interest in human rights, campaigning and public organizing with a deeper knowledge in at least one of these areas
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills, and proven ability to manage teams and projects in the policy or advocacy sphere
• Ability to lead the organization of events, workshops, and small meetings
• Fluency in English required; knowledge of other relevant languages is preferred
• Appropriate education and work preparation for the role, with bachelor or master degree equivalent in law, public administration, political science, international relations, or a similar field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to address public gatherings and USAID audiences confidently and persuasively
• Sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in Azerbaijan